UBTECH Education Thirty-Day Return Policy and One-Year Physical Product Limited Warranty
UBTECH Education offers the following coverage for your robots and accessories:
- For thirty days after order shipment date, UBTECH Education will refund the purchase price or exchange the product.
- For one year after purchasing the product, you will be covered by our limited warranty.
I. Thirty-Day Return Policy
If you are not satisfied with your product within thirty days of order shipment, you may return it by completing a UBTECH Education Return Material Authorization. The RMA may be obtained by contacting [email protected] or +1 800-276-6137. We must receive the returned product within ten days after the RMA is issued. It is UBTECH Education’s responsibility to prepay all shipping charges if the purchased product is defective. Since there is the potential of loss or damage to the product while in transit, when returning a non-defective product we recommend customers use a tracking method with their shipment.
- If the product is unused, in new condition, and in the original packaging (including accessories, manuals, documentation, and registration shipped with the product), it can be returned within thirty days following the date of shipment and UBTECH Education will exchange it or refund 100 percent of the purchase price. The customer is responsible for paying the cost for return shipping back to UBTECH Education.
- If the product was opened and used, it can be returned within thirty days following the date of shipment. There is no restocking fee if the product along with all originally included accessories and ancillary parts are returned, but the customer is responsible for paying the cost for shipping the parcel back to UBTECH Education and must use cushioned packaging, bubble wrap, or similar protective measures. However, if the returned product is in fact missing any accessories or ancillary parts that were originally included in the product when purchased, the customer will be charged a $20.00 restocking fee. Exchange or refund depends on the conditions outlined below.
- UBTECH Education retains the right to refuse refund (a) without a UBTECH Education RMA, (b) beyond the thirty-day return period, or (c) if the customer fails to return all product parts, along with the original product packaging.
- The customer must allow a minimum of two weeks for UBTECH Education to credit the account used for original purchase. Shipping and handling charges, taxes, and duties (e.g., state, customs, VAT) are not part of the original purchase price and are not refundable.
- The RMA number must be included with the returned product to process your refund.
A. A product is returnable when one of the following conditions are met:
- Product is returned within thirty days of original purchase and has no existing quality issues that can affect future resale of product (i.e., outer packaging unopened with product, accessories, charger, and manual included).
- Product is returned within thirty days of original purchase and has quality defects caused by nonhuman factors.
- Product is returned within thirty days of customer receipt of any replacement parts shipped by UBTECH Education to attempt to remedy a defective product (e.g., if a customer is experiencing battery issues and UBTECH Education sends a replacement battery, the product can be returned within the next thirty days if the new battery does not fix the issue).
B. Return request will be denied if any of the following conditions exist:
- Return is requested more than thirty days since the original purchase date.
- The bar code label on the UBTECH Education product has been altered or damaged.
- Purchase evidence or receipt cannot be provided or are altered/damaged.
- Any outer packaging, manual, or charger contained in the original package is missing or damaged.
- Damage caused by human factors (e.g., indents, cracks, scratches).
- Damage caused by abnormal use (e.g., impact compression, immersion in liquid, repetitive servo rotation errors).
- Damage caused by user disassembly or modification (e.g., installation, alteration, or disassembly performed by unauthorized agent or personnel).
- Damage by force majeure (e.g., fire, flood, earthquake).
II. One-Year Limited Warranty: Physical Product
If product quality defects are caused by nonhuman factors within the warranty period, the North America customer service team will provide support (i.e., free replacement parts) for all missing and damaged parts for one year after the original purchase date.
A. Paid Repair Service
If all the conditions mentioned above in Section II cannot be satisfied (i.e., in cases where product quality defects are caused by customer deliberate force, or cases where product is out of the warranty period), customers need to pay for the repair costs, parts replacement expenses, and return shipping fees for the product.
B. Maintenance, Repair, and Replacement Conditions
- In the limited warranty period, UBTECH Education or authorized agents will use factory-approved parts to repair or replace any defective product or part thereof (including software), the available products shall be returned to the user, and all replaced parts will belong to UBTECH Education Expenses related to repair, replacement, and labor will not be charged.
- If a problem with a UBTECH Education product occurs during the warranty period of the store from which the product was purchased, the customer can return the product to the store or send it to UBTECH Education for repair or replacement. If the warranty period of store has expired, according to the general service policy of company, related maintenance costs and the cost of replacement parts shall be charged to the customer.
- If damage is caused by improper operation, UBTECH Education will not assume any responsibility. If damage is caused by the UBTECH Education product itself, the company will be liable within the product price range.
- The warranty does not include optional accessories such as adapters.
- UBTECH Education is responsible for maintenance and repair of products within their warranty period; in the case of a non-defective product, customers are responsible for covering the cost of shipment to UBTECH Education or authorized agent, and UBTECH Education is responsible for the cost of shipment back to customers.
- The cost of delivering a replacement will be one of the following:
- If problems with the UBTECH Education product are caused by a quality defect in the product itself, UBTECH Education is responsible for the shipment cost.
- If problems with product stem from customer’s preferences (e.g., inappropriate choice, mistaken purchase, dissatisfaction with product), the customer is responsible for the shipment cost.
- Any quality problems within the warranty period due to nonhuman factors can be repaired for free. Any quality problems beyond the warranty period or those caused by human factors within the warranty period shall be paid by customers.
- Maintenance costs are determined according to the product maintenance costs standard of UBTECH Education All the agents will charge according to this standard.
C. Instructions for Obtaining Warranty Service
Contact [email protected] to determine if your product is eligible for warranty replacement. If you qualify, you must return the product with the provided shipping label in either its original packaging or packaging providing an equal degree of protection, to the address specified by UBTECH Education In accordance with applicable law, we may require that you furnish proof of purchase details and/or comply with registration requirements before receiving warranty service. It is your responsibility to back up any data, software, or other materials you may have stored or preserved on the product. It is possible that such data, software, or other materials will be lost or reformatted during service, and we will not be responsible for any such damage or loss.