What Are Our Products and Services?
UBTECH EDU UKIT products and services are designed to integrate seamlessly into elementary, middle school and high school science, technology and engineering classroom instruction as the vehicle for delivering engaging hands-on STEM+C curricula. Our products and services are intended for use in the classroom by educators and students. Information about our products and services can be found at https://ubtecheducation.com.
Personal Information We Collect and Why We Do It
We collect information from educators who purchase UKIT (“Customers”) and individuals who use our product (“Users”). Users include students who use our product (“Student Users”) and educators who use our products, such as teachers (“Educator Users”). The information we collect includes personal information which we define as any information that identifies an individual or is linked or linkable to a specific individual that would allow a reasonable person in the school community to identify the particular individual with reasonable specificity.
Customer personal information consists of information related to a UKIT purchase such as contact and purchase information. We use this information to manage our relationship with you generally.
User personal information is any information about our Users including information used to set up, maintain, and enable school and User accounts and information related to robot and content creation and use of our services such as UKIT community and communications tools.
Information Customers and Users Provide
When a UBTECH EDU Customer purchases a UKIT, We may collect the Customer’s contact information, including name, phone number, postal or email address, school name and job title. After purchasing UKIT, the Customer must set up User App accounts for Student Users or groups of Student Users (“User Group”) or authorize the Student Users to create accounts. During this process, a Customer representative such as a teacher or technical administrator will perform or oversee the set up process for each UKIT App account for each Student or User Group, including some or all of the following personal information of the teacher or administrator that is setting up the account or Student User: username, whether the user is over or under the age of 16, an email address for receiving a verification code, and, optionally, an avatar or image to be associated with the User account.
We may also collect name and contact information from Customers and Users who contact us directly with questions about our products and services in order to respond to these inquiries.
Information We Collect Automatically
When Users use our UKIT product and App, We may automatically collect certain information from the device on which the App is installed to enable us to provide, analyze and improve the Services:
- We may collect the User’s approximate location information based on the IP address of the device on which the App is installed. We may also detect the time and address of your activation of the UKIT robot.
- We collect usage data about how Users use our App. Usage data includes: the features Users used and the operations they performed; and the time, frequency, and duration of use of the App.
- We may collect information about the model of the device and the version of the software being used, its available memory or operating space, and Bluetooth signal, as well as the hardware parameters, firmware version and system status of the UKIT robot for diagnostics and analysis of possible hardware and software defects to improve user experience.
- We may access the settings of the mobile device on which the App is installed, including: language, for the purpose of providing the content in relevant language; region and country, for the purpose of providing the content that matches the User’s location; and network information used, for the purpose of mobile traffic alerts.
Information We Obtain from Third Parties
We may obtain personal information about potential Customers from third party sources from time to time, in order to identify educational Customers that may be interested in purchasing our Products. Unless prohibited by applicable laws, We use potential Customer information we receive from third parties to contact potential Customers for marketing purposes.
With Whom Do We Share Customer and User Personal Information?
- We may share your personal information with our other corporate affiliates, which include our parent UBTECH, Inc., and our authorized resellers for the purposes of providing the Services and providing customer support.
- We may share your personal information with third-party service providers that help us administer and provide the Services, such as companies that host the Services and User information and help us communicate with users for customer support purposes. We also work with service providers that help us analyze how our Services are used, detect and correct errors and so that we may maintain and improve our Services. We contractually require that any third-party service providers limit their use of your information solely to providing services to us and that they maintain the confidentiality, security, and integrity of your information and not make unauthorized use or disclosure of the information.
- We may access, preserve, and disclose any information we store associated with you to external parties if we, in good faith, believe doing so is required or appropriate to: comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; protect your, our or others’ rights, property, or safety; enforce our policies or contracts; collect amounts owed to us; or assist with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity.
- If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, purchase or sale of assets, or transition of service to another provider, then your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction, as permitted by law and/or contract.
How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
We use appropriate technical means and organizational measures to safeguard the personal information We collect.
Your personal information will be stored by our parent company UBTECH, Inc. in a protected and controlled facility on a secure server dedicated to UBTECH EDU. Further, we classify your data by importance and sensitivity and ensure the highest level of security for your personal information. Similarly, We have dedicated access control measures for cloud-based data storage. We contractually require our third party-service providers who have access to your personal information to maintain the confidentiality of that information and to use it only for the purposes of providing services to Us.
Content Created by Users
Users are able to take photos and videos (“User Content”) using the App, such as photos and videos of the uKit robots they are building. User Content is stored both in the App and on our servers. Users are not able to share User Content with third parties.
“Do Not Track”
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. Please note that We do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
Access, Modification and Deletion of Personal Information
We may update this privacy notice from time to time to accommodate legal, technical or commercial developments, and will post updates on our website and within the App. If any applicable data protection law requires us to obtain your consent before substantial revision of this privacy notice, We will comply with the law. You can view the latest update date of this privacy notice at the date of the” latest updates” at the top of this privacy notice.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our use of your personal information, please contact us using the details below: 1-800-276-6137, email: [email protected].
Last Revised: October 2020