AI Education in the Classroom
The live virtual professional development course, AI Education in the Classroom, is for educators who want to explore methods for integrating dynamic AI resources and curricula into the classroom. Open to all educators (non subject dependent) in K-12, this course teaches educators how to make AI relatable, digestible, fun, and applicable to core curricula.
Focusing on the Five Big Ideas in AI as developed by AI4K12, educators learn how to approach AI topics through practical strategies and active hands-on resources. Through this course, educators participate in discussions, explore online tools, and develop lessons to integrate fundamental AI concepts into specific classrooms. Through participation, educators are eligible for professional development learning hours.
*Entry-level course, no previous experience with computer science, coding, or AI required.
In this course educators:
- Learn how to distinguish, define, and explain artificial intelligence to students.
- Dive deep into the 5 Big Ideas of AI and learn how to relate to core concepts through active hands-on learning.
- Explore real-world and relatable examples of fundamental AI concepts and applications.
- Experience AI tools and dynamic resources.
- Delve into integration strategies to bring AI resources into the classroom.
- Create and share an AI-themed lesson plan.
Upon completion, educators will receive a certificate of participation that can be presented for continuing education units.
Flexible scheduling, contact us to schedule.