Robotics, Sensors, and AI:
Build robots that interact with the world
Ready to see the world through the eyes of a robot?
Humans use senses to understand the world while robots use sensors. How are robot sensors different and similar to human senses? This camp will help answer that question! Throughout the week, students build and program robots using multiple sensors to help build their computational and engineering design thinking skills while learning about fundamental AI concepts. Students will participate in activities that challenge them to think like engineers and solve problems using robotics and AI. The camp leads to a culminating activity where students design and build their own robot to solve an identified problem and create a presentation to showcase their invention. This is the perfect camp for students new to robotics who want to learn how to use robotics and AI.
- Explore communication systems by analyzing how humans and robots gather data about the environment to make decisions
- Practice using multiple robotic sensors together
- Build robots that interact with their surroundings
- Think about how AI is advancing robotics
- Learn basic coding skills by integrating multiple concepts into programs
After camp, student can continue to build exciting robots with their UKIT – here are a few examples!
- iOS, Android, or Chromebook device with UKIT EDU app installed
- Internet-enabled device with webcam, microphone, and Zoom web conferencing ability
- Reliable internet
- UKIT Intermediate robotics kit
- Access to virtual camp including five live virtual sessions (2 hours each) and multiple offline activities
- Accredited STEM Instructors