Plan, design, and build your own robot
Have you ever wanted your own robot to do your homework or clean your room? Well, let’s think like an inventor and create your own!
In this camp, students dive deep into the engineering design process by developing their own robot that serves a specific and identified purpose. Students think about not only why we use robots but how and why we interact with robots – the more natural the interaction, the more likely we are to use it. In addition to inventing their own robot that they present on the final day, students explore the fundamentals of AI by participating in hands-on AI activities. This is the perfect camp for students that want to take their creativity to the next level by thinking outside of the box to create their own robotic invention.
- Explore how robots are becoming more and more a part of our daily lives
- Practice using the engineering design process by planning, prototyping, and iterating a robot
- Build and design a robot that serves a specific purpose
- Create a pitch to present a robotic invention
- Expand basic programming and computational thinking skills by writing a program for the designed robot
After camp, student can continue to build exciting robots with their UKIT – here are a few examples!
- iOS, Android, or Chromebook device with UKIT EDU app installed
- Internet-enabled device with webcam, microphone, and Zoom web conferencing ability
- Reliable internet
- UKIT Beginner robotics kit
- Access to virtual camp including five live virtual sessions (2 hours each) and multiple offline activities
- Accredited STEM Instructors