Intro to Robotics: Coding, Engineering, and AI
Ready to start a journey exploring robots and AI? Jump into this introductory camp to learn the basics of programming, robotics, and AI.
Students start by building and programming basic robots to do simple tasks and quickly progress to designing more complex robotic creations that will get them excited about engineering. Students learn the basics of programming by developing computational thinking skills through fun, hands-on exploration, and troubleshooting in the context of real-world scenarios. Students work towards designing and building their own custom robot while tackling different AI concepts each day. This camp is perfect for students who want to learn the basics of robotics, coding, and AI.
- Explore basic engineering, coding, AI, and robotics concepts and how they are being used in the real world
- Use modern tech tools (UKIT app, UKIT robots, online AI tools, computers)
- Participate in the engineering design process by iterating on robotic designs
- Learn AI fundamentals and introductory concepts by exploring AI applications and resources
After camp, student can continue to build exciting robots with their UKIT – here are a few examples!
- iOS, Android, or Chromebook device with UKIT EDU app installed
- Internet-enabled device with webcam, microphone, and Zoom web conferencing ability
- Reliable internet
- UKIT Beginner robotics kit
- Access to virtual camp including five live virtual sessions (2 hours each) and multiple offline activities
- Accredited STEM Instructors