Intermediate Level Courses
Ready to see the world through the eyes of a robot? Explore the world of robots, programming and AI through active exploration and hands-on projects in any one of our Intermediate level courses. Throughout the week, students will build and program robots using multiple sensors to help build computational and engineering design thinking skills while learning about fundamental AI concepts.
Using their UKIT Intermediate, students will:
- Build robots that interact with their surroundings
- Learn and expand coding skills by integrating multiple concepts into programs
- Practice using multiple robotic sensors and output components together
- Explore communication systems by analyzing how humans and robots gather data about the environment to make decisions
- Explore how AI is advancing technology we use in our daily lives
- Discuss the implications of AI on our society
Students will participate in activities that challenge them to think like engineers and solve problems using robotics and AI. Each student will design and build their own robot to solve a problem and present their invention. This is the perfect camp for students new to robotics who want to learn how to use robotics and AI.
Students build robots to dance, sing, and even make their own music. Using AI, robotics, and programming, students dive into how engineering is not only a science but also an art form. Students explore art and science that culminates in a live concert where students get to show off their musical skills with a robotic performance.
Students dive into how AI has changed the way we think about transportation by building and exploring autonomous vehicles. Students will explore the fundamentals of robotics and AI while learning what it takes to build the cars of the future.
After camp, student can continue to build exciting robots with their UKIT – here are a few examples!
- iOS, Android, or Chromebook device with UKIT EDU app installed
- Internet-enabled device with webcam, microphone, and Zoom web conferencing ability
- Reliable internet
- UKIT Intermediate robotics kit
- Access to virtual camp including five live virtual sessions (2 hours each) and multiple offline activities
- Accredited STEM Instructors