Competitive Robotics 101:
ChampBot for the Win!
Ready to challenge yourself to a competition with robots?
In this camp, students build and program ChampBot to participate in challenges that are commonly seen in competitive robotics leagues. Through active participation and competition, students learn to use computational thinking to meet specific fun objectives – like racing, shooting baskets and making trick shots! Students compete in four different leveled challenges that scale to a comprehensive culminating challenge – the ChampBot Championship Competition. This is the perfect camp for the student that wants to put their programming skills to the test through friendly competition.
- Explore applicable use of robotics and how robots can be used for competition
- Practice using the engineering design process by building and testing robots
- Build and design methods to test the functionality of the robot to compete with others
- Learn basic programming and computational thinking skills by programming the robot to compete in challenges with other students
Students can also use the kit to build other robots like BasketBot and ScoreBot!
- iOS, Android, or Chromebook device with JIMU app installed
- Internet-enabled device with webcam, microphone, and Zoom web conferencing ability
- Reliable internet
- JIMU Robot Competitive Series: ChampBot Kit
- Access to virtual camp including five live virtual sessions (2 hours each) and multiple offline activities
- Accredited STEM Instructors