Robotics and Prototyping: Plan, design, and build your own robot
In this club, students invent their own robot by using the engineering design process as a guide to build a robotic prototype they’ve ideated, designed, built, programmed and tested.
Students explore how sensors can be used together and experiment with iterative design to successfully invent a working prototype that does an intended and identified task. The club moves toward a final event where the students showcase their robotic creations on the last day. In addition, students dive into the fundamentals of AI by participating in an AI activity. This club is intended to be a ‘roboticist playground’ where students are encouraged to help solve complex problems together while being as creative as possible.
- Explore applicable use of robotics and how robots can be incorporated in daily functions
- Practice using the engineering design process by planning, prototyping and iterative design
- Build and design a robot of their own creation that serves a specific purpose
- Expand basic programming and computational thinking skills by programming the robot to meet the students’ designated objectives
- iOS, Android or Chromebook device with UKIT EDU app installed
- Computer with webcam, microphone and Zoom web conferencing ability
- Reliable internet
- UKIT Intermediate robotics kit
- Access to virtual club including 4 live virtual sessions (90m each week), 2 optional enrichment sessions (60m each) and multiple offline activities
- Accredited STEM Instructors
- Course cost is $432 per session and includes all fees + product
UKIT Intermediate Configurations:
Check out the pre-designed robots you can build with the UKIT Intermediate kit. These are just the beginning – build these or create your own!
Clicking Enroll Now will take your to our scheduling partner, HiSawyer, to complete the checkout process.
We’ve received your message and will be in touch shortly.