Competitive Robotics with ChampBot: Session 1
In this competitive robotics club, students build and program ChampBot to participate in challenges that are commonly seen in competitive robotics leagues.
By active participation and competition students learn how to utilize computational thinking to meet specific objectives. Students compete in four different challenges utilizing different uses of programming that scale to a comprehensive culminating challenge – the ChampBot Championship Competition. Through this exciting and interactive club, students explore how to most efficiently and quickly complete tasks in a competitive environment.
- Explore applicable use of robotics and how robots can be used for competition
- Practice using the engineering design process by building and testing robots
- Build and design methods to test the functionality of the robot and compete among others
- Expand basic programming and computational thinking skills by programming the robot to compete in challenges with other students
- iOS or Android tablet with JIMU app installed
- Computer with webcam, microphone and Zoom web conferencing ability
- Reliable internet
- JIMU Robot Competitive Series: ChampBot Kit (premium robotics kit)
- Access to virtual club including 4 live virtual sessions (60m each week), 1 optional enrichment session (60m each) and multiple offline activities
- Accredited STEM Instructors
All sessions for this class are full. Please check back to ubtecheducation.com for future programs.
We’ve received your message and will be in touch shortly.