Robot Inventor: Plan, design, and build your own robot
In this club, students identify a problem that can be solved with robotics, create a plan, design, test and redesign their own robot!
Students will dive deep into the engineering design process by being an active participant and developing their own robot that serves a specific and identified purpose. Students think about not only why we use robots but how we interact with them – the more natural the interaction is with a robot, the more likely we are to use it. A lot goes into designing and building a robot and through this club students will create their own robot that they will share on the last day. In addition to inventing their own robot, students dive into the fundamentals of AI by participating in an AI activity.
- Explore how robotics are becoming more and more a part of our daily lives.
- Practice using the Engineering Design Process by planning, prototyping, and iterating a robot.
- Build and design a robot that serves a specific purpose.
- Expand basic programming and computational thinking skills by prototyping a program for the designed robot
- iOS, Android or Chromebook device with UKIT EDU app installed
- Computer with webcam, microphone and Zoom web conferencing ability
- Reliable internet
- UKIT Beginner robotics kit
- Access to virtual club including 4 live virtual sessions (90m each week), 2 optional enrichment sessions (60m each) and multiple offline activities
- Accredited STEM Instructors
- Course cost is $378 per session and includes all fees + product
All sessions for this class are full.
Please check back to ubtecheducation.com for future programs.
UKIT Beginner Configurations:
Check out the pre-designed robots you can build with the UKIT Beginner kit. These are just the beginning – build these or create your own!
We’ve received your message and will be in touch shortly.