Beginner Level Courses
Ready to start a journey exploring robots, programming and AI? Jump into any one of our Beginner level camp courses to learn the basics of coding, robotics and more!
In each class, students will start by building and programming basic robots to do simple tasks and quickly progress to designing more complex robotic creations that will get them excited about engineering. Students will learn the basics of programming through fun, hands-on exploration, and troubleshooting in the context of real-world scenarios. Throughout each course, students will be working towards designing and building their own custom robot while tackling different AI concepts.
In each Beginner course, students will:
- Explore basic engineering, coding, AI, and robotics concepts and how they are being used in the real world
- Use modern tech tools (UKIT app, UKIT robots, online AI tools, computers)
- Participate in the engineering design process by iterating on robotic designs
- Learn AI fundamentals and introductory concepts by exploring AI applications and resources
This is the perfect camp for students who want to learn the basics of robotics, coding, programming and AI through hands-on exploration and troubleshooting in the context of real-world scenarios.
Using nature as inspiration, students will dive into the natural world to hone their observation skills, and then translate those observations through a robot they build, design, and program.
Students will invent their own robot and explore the engineering design process by developing their own robot that serves a specific and identified purpose. They will also explore the fundamentals of AI by participating in exciting hands-on AI activities.
After camp, student can continue to build exciting robots with their UKIT – here are a few examples!
- iOS, Android, or Chromebook device with UKIT EDU app installed
- Internet-enabled device with webcam, microphone, and Zoom web conferencing ability
- Reliable internet
- UKIT Beginner robotics kit
- Access to virtual camp including five live virtual sessions (2 hours each) and multiple offline activities
- Accredited STEM Instructors